We welcome clients from all over the world, with a few specific exceptions due to international and local financial & cryptocurrency regulations. Depending on your verified residency, you may have certain restrictions on your account. Refer to our Terms of Service for complete information on our eligibility criteria. If you have any questions about this topic, feel free to contact Support.
Some regions are not yet able to use debit or credit cards. Please refer to our FAQ on debit and credit cards for the full list of accepted regions.
Clients in Eritrea can create an account but may be restricted from funding. Futures trading is restricted.
- How to get started (for residents of Japan)
- Available trading pairs and funding options for residents of Japan
- Verification requirements for Residents of Japan
Clients in Lebanon can create an account but may be restricted from funding. Futures trading is restricted.
*Clients living in Denmark cannot use Off-chain staking.
*Clients living in the United Kingdom cannot use Off-chain staking.
*Futures trading is restricted for retail clients.
*Cannot deposit or trade XMR.
*Cannot use Off-chain staking
* Cannot trade ETH2.S, however can stake ETH.
* Cannot deposit, hold, or trade ACA, AGLD, AIR, ALICE, ASTR, ATLAS, AUDIO, CFG, ENS, GLMR, JASMY, KAR, KILT, KIN, KINT, MC, MOVR, NMR, NYM, ORCA, OXY, PERP, PHA, PSTAKE, RAY, ROOK, SAMO, SDN, STEP, TOKE, WOO, YGG or XRT.
Futures trading restrictions:
* Clients residing in Ontario cannot trade on Kraken Futures
Kraken offers most services to our American clients, with the following restrictions:
At this time, Kraken does not offer service to residents of:
- Washington state (WA)
- New York (NY)
While we strive to offer our services to all US residents, the cost of maintaining regulatory compliance in some states can be very high, forcing us to make hard choices about whether cost justifies doing business in the state.
* Available for US clients residing outside of Texas and US territories.
* Available for Texas and US territories residents.
* Not available to residents in other US states.
Residents of the US states of New Hampshire and Texas cannot deposit or hold EUR, nor trade any EUR pairs.
Residents of the US are restricted from trading on Kraken Futures.
Margin trading is only available to U.S. clients that meet specific requirements.
US clients cannot trade cash-to-cash pairs.
- Cannot trade ETH2.S, however they can stake ETH.
- Cannot deposit, hold, or trade ACA, AGLD, AIR, ALICE, ASTR, ATLAS, AUDIO, CFG, ENS, GLMR, JASMY, KAR, KILT, KIN, KINT, MC, MOVR, NMR, NYM, ORCA, OXY, PERP, PHA, PSTAKE, RAY, ROOK, SAMO, SDN, STEP, TOKE, WOO, YGG or XRT.
- Cannot trade XRP.
Starter verification level:
* Not available to residents in Australia.
Futures Trading Restrictions:
Clients who reside in Australia are unable to sign up for Kraken Futures.
*Cannot use Off-chain staking.
- Cannot deposit, hold or trade BADGER, DASH, KILT, KIN, KINT, MNGO, ORCA, OXY, POLIS, PSTAKE, SBR, SDN, SRM, STEP, XMR, XRT or ZEC.
Article last updated 18 of May 2022 14:30 UTC