Looking for Cryptowatch info and tutorials? Check out Cryptowatch Guides.
This article outlines troubleshooting steps you can take if you’re experiencing performance issues with Kraken Terminal/Cryptowatch.
This is probably due to hardware acceleration being disabled for HTML5 canvas. Enable it and restart your browser.
- In a new tab, open about:config.
- Make sure layers.acceleration.disabled is false.
- Restart Firefox.
You may also have to set layers.acceleration.force-enabled to true. Read more.
Incidentally, Firefox 57 introduced an update which can dramatically speed up page rendering. Upgrading Firefox to version 57 or above might be a good idea.
Lastly, we notice that in general Google Chrome has an easier time hitting 60fps when scrolling/moving cursor. We recommend Chrome over Firefox.
- Open Chrome Settings and find Advanced > System.
- Make sure “Use hardware acceleration when available” is enabled.
- In a new tab, open chrome://flags.
- Make sure “Accelerated 2D canvas" is enabled.
- Restart Chrome.
- In the settings panel, throttle the order book refresh rate.
- Draw fewer indicators or make candles wider.
- Run fewer Kraken Terminal/Cryptowatch tabs.
- Try another computer, yours may be in need of an upgrade.
If none of the suggestions above help, you can follow the steps below to reach out to us with some diagnostics to get further assistance. It’s possible you’ve stumbled across a bug or inefficiency in our code that is causing the issue.
First, you will need to record a performance profile while Cryptowatch is open.
- Click the options menu in the top-right of a Chrome browser page. Then go to More Tools > Developer Tools.
- You will see a window like the one below. Select the Performance tab.
- Click the record button (the circle) to begin recording the profile.
- Click Stop after a few seconds and you will receive a readout like the one below.
- Save the profile by clicking the Save Profile arrow, just below the Elements tab.
- Finally, find the saved profile file in your downloads folder and email it to email@example.com, along with the following details:
- Which browser(s) you’re having problems in
- Which URL(s) exhibit the problem
- How consistently the problem happens (occasionally? every time?)
- How long the Kraken Terminal or Cryptowatch session is open before the problem starts (after a few days? immediately?)
Our developers can use this profile file to better understand where the bottleneck is and fix it in our codebase.
If you have any other questions regarding Cryptowatch, you can contact us at https://cryptowat.ch/support.