Cryptowatch is a Kraken-owned premium subscription service that provides real-time cryptocurrency market data, charting and trading services. The real-time data on Cryptowatch is provided directly from cryptocurrency exchanges via their APIs and covers over 3000 markets available on 25+ exchanges. The term market refers to a pair listed on an exchange. For example, the trading pair BTC/USD on exchange Kraken is a market.
Some of the benefits of using Cryptowatch include;
- The ability to visualize price movement, market trends, your trades and orders in real time
- The option to make use of popular charting tools and indicators such as; Moving Averages, MACD, RSI, Bollinger Bands amongst others.
- By directly linking to your exchange(s) of choice, Cryptowatch allows you to open new orders quickly and intuitively.
- The ability to view your portfolio performance across multiple accounts in real time.
- You can receive price & volume alerts as text messages sent to your mobile phone, 24/7.
Trading via the Cryptowat.ch interface and SMS alerts are offered as a paid service. All other features such as charting, the public REST API, and drawing tools are free and available to non-subscribers.
You can use the same interface as Cryptowatch for free by connecting your Kraken account to Cryptowatch. Note that the ability to trade across multiple exchanges and receive SMS alerts is not available on Kraken Pro.