To deposit fiat currency via Kraken:
- Login to your Kraken account.
- Navigate to Funding > Deposit.
- Choose the fiat currency you want to deposit.
- Follow the instructions displayed closely.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Deposit limits will depend on your verification level.
- Deposit processing times range from 1 to 7 business days, depending on the method.
- We cannot accept deposits in cash, credit or debit cards, or from some third-party payments processors.
Below is a summary of deposit methods, minimums, and fees.
|Currency||Deposit method||Deposit minimum||Deposit fee|
|USD||US domestic FedWire/ACH transfer||20 USD||5 USD|
|USD||International wire transfer||50,000 USD||5 USD|
|EUR||SEPA bank transfer||1 EUR||Free|
|EUR||International wire transfer||50 EUR||5 EUR|
|CAD||125 CAD *||Free*|
Why does Kraken charge deposit fees?
The payments partners that we work with charge us fees for deposits in fiat currencies we support, and those are the fees listed above.
Are there any other fees?
Your bank may charge you fees for sending the deposit to our payments partners.
Intermediary or correspondent banks (banks between your bank and our bank that processes the transaction in transit) may also charge fees or convert the transaction to a different currency en route (if sending Euros from outside of Europe, for example). These fees are on the account of the sender and the responsibility of the sending bank.
Minimum for Canadian Dollar Deposits:
The actual minimum is 100 CAD, but we recommend sending a minimum amount of 125 CAD in case any wire fees are applied to the deposit by intermediary banks. Any bank that handles CAD funds can apply fees at their discretion. Banking/wire fees of approximately $10 may apply.