Do I need a verified account?
What is the minimum order size?
Card purchases have a minimum of 10 EUR, 10 USD, 14 AUD, 8 GBP, 12.50 CAD, 10 CHF.
Digital wallet purchases have a minimum of 10 EUR, 10 USD, 14 AUD, 8 GBP, 12.50 CAD, 10 CHF.
ACH online banking purchases have a minimum of 10 USD.
For converting between cryptocurrencies, the minimum is the equivalent value of 1 USD.
What are the fees?
Why am I unable to add a payment card?
If you have added many cards recently, you may have temporarily exceeded your limit of three attempts to save your payment card within a 30 day rolling period.
If you are unsure about why you can not add your card, please contact our support team so we can assist you.
Why is my card purchase failing?
- Your card issuer does not allow payments to crypto exchanges.
- The browser or app was closed or refreshed before the crypto order could complete.
- Some banks do not support 3DS, an authentication step currently enforced on every transaction.
If your card payments continue to fail, please contact our support team so we can assist you.
Why am I unable to buy an asset?
- You do not have enough funds in your account balance for the transaction.
- The crypto asset you want to buy may not be a supported pair with the currency you want to pay with.
If you continue to have issues completing your purchase, please contact our support team so we can assist you
Why am I unable to sell an asset?
- The crypto asset you want to sell may not be a supported pair with the currency balance you want to use to deposit the cash.
If you continue to have issues completing your purchase, please contact our support team so we can assist you.
Why was my payment card charged in a different currency?
Why can't I withdraw my funds?
Certain instant purchases, such as first time ACH Online Banking, debit or credit card or digital wallet purchases, will trigger a withdrawal hold for up to 72 hours. Withdrawal holds may also be triggered by deposits from certain banks as well as security reasons. Additional cash purchases made during this 72 hours will also be locked for the remainder of the 72 hours.
For enhanced security, debit and credit card purchases using USD will experience the 72 hour lock discussed above on all purchases, not just your first purchase.
Withdrawal issues can also occur if you have funds locked in open orders or margin positions.
How can I deposit and withdraw?
Which currency pairs are supported?
You can buy, sell and convert any asset to any other asset. Please note the following exceptions:
- There are some geographic restrictions which may affect the assets that are available in your verified country of residence.
- Cash-to-Cash pairs are not available in the USA.
- ETH2.S-ETH is not available.
- Newly listed coins may have a delay of a few days before becoming available.
- This feature is not available on the Kraken Pro app or the Kraken Terminal, which have limitations to tradable currency pairs.
Why am I seeing the message
If you receive this message you can follow the steps below for possible solutions:
- 1Wait, these periods of low liquidity are typically short.
- 2Try a smaller volume for your transaction.
- 3You can try to place a market or limit order.