First time deposits and purchasesIf you have never made a cash deposit, first time card purchases will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account.
You can instantly purchase a range of cryptocurrencies using your debit or credit card.
Card purchase fees:
- For every crypto purchase made with your card, a fee of 3.75% + €0.25 is deducted from the total spending amount specified.
- The transaction fee is provided on the final confirmation page and is visible before you complete the purchase.
- There are no hidden or additional fees and the total value shown on the 'Confirmation' page is what Kraken will charge to your card.
- Depending on your card issuers policy, they may charge additional fees for cash advance or online card purchases. These fees are independent from Kraken’s fee and are outside of our control.
Card and transaction limits:
- The minimum transaction amount is €10.
- There is a maximum spending amount of €7,500 within a time-based seven day rolling period.
- Purchase amounts count towards your daily and monthly funding limits.
- A maximum of three attempts to save your payment card is allowed within a 30 day rolling period. Deleting saved cards will not reset this limit so be mindful of this before removing any of your saved card details. Card information is securely stored and displayed according to PCI compliance regulations. Each new purchase will require 3DS authentication.
Purchases are currently only available in euros. Once you select 'debit & credit card' as the payment method, the spending amount will automatically change to EUR and any purchases will be charged to your card in EUR as well. Please ensure that your card issuer is able to process any applicable currency conversions.
The Global Settings Lock (GSL) prevents saved cards from being deleted. To delete your card, please disable this setting by following these instructions on how to remove GSL from your account.
If you have Trading 2FA, you will only be able to use your existing account balances. To use your card for a purchase, please disable Trading 2FA.
There are a number of reasons why a transaction could fail:
- The browser or app was either closed or refreshed before the crypto order could complete.
- Website or API connectivity issues.
- Adverse market volatility, meaning we're unable to lock down a price.
Transactions can also be declined by your card issuer if:
- They do not allow payments to crypto exchanges.
- You input the wrong 3DS code.
- They do not support 3DSv1.
If your card was charged but you did not immediately receive your crypto assets, the transaction will automatically be voided within two hours.
These lists are not exhaustive, so please contact our support team if your purchases continue to fail.
3DSv1, typically referred to as "Verified by Visa" or “Mastercard SecureCode", is an additional security layer used to authorize online purchases by entering a password or one-time-PIN. This authentication step is currently enforced on every transaction.
Digital or Cloud banks may require the purchase to be authorized within the app.
If you are unsure if your card is 3DSv1, please contact your card issuer to enquire if they support this security feature.
We do not currently support 3DSv2.
|Åland Islands||Gibraltar||Palestine, State of|
|Algeria||Greenland||Papua New Guinea|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Guinea||Poland|
|Australia||Heard Island & McDonald Islands||Romania|
|Austria||Holy See (Vatican)||Russia|
|Bahamas||Hong Kong||Saint Barthélemy|
|Bahrain||Hungary||Saint Helena, Ascension & Tristan Da Cunha|
|Bangladesh||Iceland||Saint Kitts & Nevis|
|Belarus||Indonesia||Saint Martin (French Part)|
|Belgium||Iraq||Saint Pierre & Miquelon|
|Belize||Ireland||Saint Vincent & The Grenadines|
|Benin||Isle Of Man||Samoa|
|Bhutan||Italy||Sao Tome & Principe|
|Bolivia (Plurinational State of)||Ivory Coast||Saudi Arabia|
|Bonaire, Sint Eustatius & Saba||Jamaica||Senegal|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||Jersey||Serbia|
|Bouvet Island||Kazakhstan||Sierra Leone|
|British Indian Ocean Territory||Kiribati||Sint Maarten (Dutch Part)|
|Burkina Faso||Kyrgyzstan||Solomon Islands|
|Cabo Verde||Lebanon||South Georgia & The South Sandwich Islands|
|Central African Republic||Lithuania||Suriname|
|Chad||Luxembourg||Svalbard & Jan Mayen|
|Cocos (Keeling) Islands||Malawi||Taiwan|
|Comoros||Maldives||Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Congo - Brazzaville||Mali||Thailand|
|Congo - Kinshasa||Malta||Timor-Leste|
|Cook Islands||Marshall Islands||Togo|
|Curaçao||Mauritius||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Denmark||Micronesia (Federated States of)||Turkmenistan|
|Djibouti||Moldova||Turks & Caicos Islands|
|El Salvador||Morocco||United Kingdom|
|Equatorial Guinea||Mozambique||United States Minor Outlying Islands|
|Falkland Islands (Malvinas)||Netherlands||Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)|
|Faroe Islands||New Caledonia||Viet Nam|
|Fiji||New Zealand||Virgin Islands (British)|
|Finland||Nicaragua||Virgin Islands (US)|
|France||Niger||Wallis & Futuna|
|French Guiana||Nigeria||Western Sahara|
|French Southern Territories||Norfolk Island||Zambia|
The decimal and thousands separators shown in this article may differ from the formats displayed on our trading platforms. Review our article on how we use points and commas for more information.