Below is a list of banks that do not allow deposits to or withdrawals from Kraken and other cryptocurrency exchanges. If you want to deposit or withdraw cash on Kraken, you'll need to use a bank that is not on this list.
- Rietumu Banka (Latvia)
- National Bank of Greece S.A.
- Abanca (Portugal)
- Sumishin SBI Net Bank (Japan): SWIFT withdrawals to SBI Bank are blocked
- Wise (formerly Transferwise): deposits are blocked by the sender, withdrawals to unique bank accounts in your name are allowed, see here for more details
- Fire (Ireland)
- Revolut: Revolut rejects withdrawals processed via the EUR withdrawal method "SEPA" (via Fidor Bank). To avoid delays and the charging of withdrawal fees, we automatically fail withdrawals to Revolut processed via this method. If you wish to withdraw EUR to your Revolut account, please choose instead the withdrawal method "Clear Junction (Instant & SEPA)". If this withdrawal method is not available on your account, please contact support.
- Qatar Bank Authority has blacklisted cryptocurrency exchanges
This list does not purport to be exhaustive. Please make sure to maintain a good relationship with your bank since transfers may occasionally be stopped on a client-by-client basis. If required by your bank, we are happy to provide a letter of good standing confirming the information about your Kraken account.
The great majority of banks process transfers to and from our exchange.
If you encounter any issue with your bank, you may explore the option of opening an account with one of our banking providers.
To view the relevant list of banking providers, navigate to the funding page on your account, click on the deposit option and choose a currency. The available banking providers will appear on a drop-down menu. For example, for the EUR deposit method Fidor Bank AG (SEPA), we work with Fidor bank; for the EUR deposit method Clear Junction (Instant & SEPA), we work with Clear Junction, etc. Several of our clients have bank accounts with these institutions to fund their Kraken account or withdraw funds. A further advantage of having an account with one of our banking providers is that deposits and withdrawals will normally settle within minutes.
Alternatively, if you have another bank in mind, please contact us and provide the SWIFT code or Bank Identifier Code (BIC) so that our team may check if we had any recent issues with it.