To help your deposit go smoothly, please check the information below before sending any funds.
- Account ownership: Make sure the name on the bank account you are depositing from matches the name on your Kraken account. If your bank account is a joint account, one of the names on the bank account must match the name on your Kraken account.
- Account type: deposits from a business bank account can only be sent to a business account with Pro limits. Similarly, a personal Kraken account should only be funded from a personal bank account that is registered under the same name as your Kraken account.
- Deposit minimum: Make sure your deposit is above the minimum required amount.
- Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. Refer to the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit."
- Duplicate deposit amounts: Make sure you don't send multiple deposits of the same amount within a 72 hour period. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use different amounts for each deposit.
- Compatible bank: Make sure you are not depositing from a third-party payments processor.
Additional things to check for domestic USD deposits
- Account type: It is best to deposit from your checking account as savings accounts have a limited amount of transactions that are allowed to occur. Check with your bank if there are any of these limits on your savings account. Business Kraken accounts can accept transactions from IRA, Trust or a business(LLC) bank account.
- Transfer method: Confirm with your bank whether you are using a FedWire transfer option.
- USD Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your USD daily or monthly deposit limits.