First-time cash deposits
To help your deposit go smoothly, please check the information below before sending any funds.
- Account ownership: Make sure the name on the bank account you are depositing from matches the name on your Kraken account.
- Deposit memo: Make sure your deposit includes a reference to your Kraken account number, if required and shown in the deposit instructions. No deposit reference is required for Synapse deposit method.
- Deposit minimum: Make sure your deposit is above the minimum required amount.
- Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your daily or monthly deposit limit. Refer to the value indicated as your "Maximum deposit."
- Duplicate deposit amounts: Make sure you don't send multiple deposits with the same amount within three business days of each other. This may result in delays as our system will flag them as possible duplicates. Please use different amounts for each deposit.
- Compatible bank: Make sure you are not depositing from a third-party payments processor.
Additional things to check for domestic USD deposits
- Account type: It is best to deposit from your checking account as savings accounts have a limited amount of transactions that are allowed to occur. Check with your bank if there are any of these limits on your savings account.
- Transfer method: Confirm with your bank whether you are using a FedWire transfer option.
- USD Deposit limits: Make sure the deposit will not result in you exceeding your USD daily or monthly deposit limits.