Certain deposits, such as first time ACH purchases, credit or debit card purchases or digital wallet purchases will trigger a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account, for security purposes.
Do not participate in an ICO or token sale directly from your Kraken account — the tokens received will be irretrievable.
Always be careful when withdrawing cryptocurrencies. Once a withdrawal has been sent and marked as "Success" in your Kraken account, it is impossible to cancel or reverse the transaction.
Some cryptocurrencies can be sent via multiple different networks. Make sure you are sending through a network we support so that funds are not lost.
In order to withdraw cryptocurrencies from your Kraken account, you must first add and confirm the withdrawal address. Then, to withdraw, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to Funding.
- Click the Withdraw button.
- Search for the currency you wish to withdraw and then click on it.
- Select a previously added address or click the Add Address ("Add account" for EOS) button to add and confirm a new one.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw in the Amount field or click the percent of your account balance in that specific currency. Make sure the amount is greater than the minimum listed directly under this field and click Withdraw.
- Double check that all of the information is correct and then click Withdraw.
- If you are asked for an authenticator app code, then you have 2FA for funding enabled on your account and would need to use the 2FA you set up for funding (this is different from your Sign-in 2FA).
- If your withdrawal is successful you will see a confirmation with your withdrawal Details on the right side box, along with the status of the withdrawal.
Note: You will not receive an email confirmation for the withdrawal. You can keep track of your withdrawal status by viewing your recent transactions under the Funding tab.
You may receive an error message or not be able to withdraw for the following reasons: