All first-time fiat deposits will result in a temporary 72 hour withdrawal hold on the account.
- Will prevent 100% of the value of the first fiat deposit from being withdrawn.
- Will last for 72 hours after your first-time fiat deposit.
- Additional Fiat deposits made during this 72 hours will also be held for the remainder of the 72 hours.
- Restricts transfers of all currencies (fiat and cryptocurrencies), regardless of the currency of your deposit.
- Limits transfers to Kraken Futures and Staking.
After the 72 hours, future fiat deposits will not trigger this hold. However, deposits from high-risk banks may trigger another withdrawal hold.
Trading is unaffected
You will still be able to trade throughout the period of the withdrawal hold.
Suppose you deposit $100 USD, and use it all to purchase bitcoin. The price of bitcoin rises 20% and you sell, and you now have $120 USD. You would be able to withdraw the $20 of profit you've made, however you would not be able to withdraw the original $100 until 72 hours after your first fiat deposit.