A deposit or withdrawal being on hold means that our support team has to manually check before releasing it. There are several reasons a deposit or withdrawal may be put on hold, please see the below list:
- The deposit or withdrawal takes you over your funding limit. To resolve this, apply for the next higher verification tier to increase your funding limits. Alternatively, you can wait for the deposit or withdrawal to clear automatically after a sufficient amount of time has passed.
- You are depositing from or withdrawing to a German bank account or you are a German resident who has not yet submitted their ID confirmation photo (and their Tier 3 documents, if you are currently a Tier 2 user).
- If you recently made multiple deposits of the same amount, one or more of the deposits may have been put on hold to make sure they aren't part of a duplicate deposit — a single deposit that's been sent to your account multiple times due to a technical issue. The best way to avoid this situation is to send different amounts whenever you send multiple deposits within 72 hours.
- The name on the bank account you deposited from or withdrawing to does not match the name on the Kraken account.
- The required deposit reference was missing from the deposit we received.
- Your bank asked us to put the deposit or withdrawal on hold due to irregular activities.
- You are a Fidor account holder and this is your first transaction from Fidor to Kraken.