In a phishing scam, an attacker tries to disguise themselves as a trustworthy entity in order to trick you into giving them sensitive information that can be used to gain access to your devices and accounts to steal your money.
Therefore, it is important that our clients be very careful and practice good habits to avoid falling victim to these scams.
Listed below are important tips to adhere to that can help protect you from phishing scams:
We will never...
- Kraken will never ask you for your username. Keep your username secret!
- Kraken will never ask you for your passwords. Never give out your passwords to anyone who asks.
- Kraken will never ask you to remove or change your security settings.
- Kraken will never request access to your devices via remote desktop access software.
- Always navigate to Kraken by manually typing www.kraken.com in your browser's address bar.
- Never click on links or search results that look like kraken.com.
- Make sure that you are entering your login credentials on www.kraken.com and no other website that may look similar.
- To contact Kraken Support, always navigate to the website manually by typing support.kraken.com into your browser's address bar. Never give out any information about your account unless you opened a ticket via this method.
- If you receive a Kraken Support email from any other address besides email@example.com, please delete it and do not click on any links that may be provided, as they are not legitimately from Kraken Support and should not be trusted.
- Be aware of man-in-the-middle attacks in which an attacker intercepts emails from one party and relays them with certain amendments to the other party who both believe they are communicating with each other directly. Adding PGP to your email is a good way to prevent this.
- Kraken only provides outbound phone support. This means you can request us to call you, but we don't have a public phone number that you can call yourself.
- If you find a phone number associated with Kraken support online, it's a scam. Do not call it.
- If you accidentally called a scam number, please create a support ticket and let us know as many details as possible regarding the call.
- Our social media team only provides general support and an option to escalate your ticket using an online form.
- If someone claiming to work for Kraken contacts you on social media, never give them any information besides the ticket number of your issue.