In a phishing scam, an attacker tries to disguise themselves as a trustworthy entity in order to trick you into giving them sensitive information that can be used to gain access to your devices and accounts to steal your money.
Therefore, it is important that our clients be very careful and practice good habits to avoid falling victim to these scams.
Listed below are important tips to adhere to that can help protect you from phishing scams:
We will never...
- Kraken will never send you an email asking for any of your login credentials, or direct you to a webpage that asks for this information. Keep your username a secret!
- Kraken will never ask you for your passwords. Never give out your passwords to anyone who asks.
- Kraken will never ask you to remove login two-factor authentication or other account security settings.
- Kraken will never ask you to download remote access applications to allow us to access your device.
- Always navigate to Kraken by manually typing www.kraken.com in your browser's address bar.
- Never click on links or search results that look like kraken.com.
- Make sure that you are entering your login credentials on www.kraken.com and no other website that may look similar.
- To contact Kraken Support, always navigate to the website manually by typing support.kraken.com into your browser's address bar. Never give out any information about your account unless you opened a ticket via this method.
- If you receive a Kraken Support email from any other address besides email@example.com, please delete it and do not click on any links that may be provided, as they are not legitimately from Kraken Support and should not be trusted.
- Be aware of man-in-the-middle attacks in which an attacker intercepts emails from one party and relays them with certain amendments to the other party who both believe they are communicating with each other directly. Adding PGP to your email is a good way to prevent this.
- Kraken does not offer phone support at this time. If we did provide this service, the specific telephone number would be displayed on Kraken's website and/or Support center along with a clear message.
- If you speak with anyone on the phone who claims to be from Kraken Support, please contact us immediately by submitting a ticket and let us know as many details as possible regarding the call.
- Our social media team only provides general support and an option to escalate your ticket using a google form.
- If someone claiming to work for Kraken contacts you on social media, never give them any information besides the ticket number of your issue.