On December 7th, 2021, we enabled one new unified Ethereum address for the deposit of both ETH and ERC-20 tokens. This means that you will be able to use one address for deposits of both ETH and all ERC-20 tokens supported by Kraken. Old ETH-only addresses will be phased out and disabled at a later date - further notice will be provided at that time.
After the launch, we recommend you:
- Confirm which deposit addresses are available to you for ETH and ERC-20 in your address manager.
- Claim a new ETH/ERC-20 deposit address if you don’t already have one.
- Update any saved addresses in your exchanges, wallets or APIs to use your new ETH/ERC-20 deposit address.
The benefits of using a unified address to you are:
- Simplicity: One deposit address will accept ETH and all ERC-20s tokens we support, instead of needing a different deposit address for each.
- Speed: ETH deposits will be credited faster.
- Cost: ETH deposits are now free if you use an ETH/ERC-20 deposit address.
- Accessibility: We are lowering our ETH deposit minimum from 0.05 ETH to 0.00001 ETH.
With this change, we will begin phasing out the old type of Ethereum deposit addresses. We strongly recommend you begin switching now to benefit from faster and cheaper deposits of ETH.
If you need any assistance contact support.