Use your Apple Pay or Google Pay wallet to purchase a range of cryptocurrencies instantly via the Kraken app.
*Express tier verification is not available to residents in Texas, however the purchase method is allowed with Intermediate or Pro verification.
Access to this service is based on the phone device/model as well as the countries supported by Apple Pay and Google Pay, which is not related to the verified country of residence with Kraken.
Wallet purchase fees:
- For every crypto purchase made with your card, a fee of 3.75% + 0.25c is deducted from the total spending amount specified.
- The transaction fee is provided on the final confirmation page and is visible before you complete the purchase.
There are no hidden or additional fees and the total value shown on the Confirmation page is what Kraken will charge to your wallet.
- The minimum transaction amount is $10 / €10
- There is a maximum spending amount of $7,500 / €7,500 within a time-based seven day rolling period.
- Purchase amounts count towards your daily and monthly funding limits.
- Purchases are currently only available in USD and EUR. If your wallet is in any other currency, please check with your card issuer about any currency conversion fees.
- Bank charges for credit card payments or international transaction fees are outside of Kraken's control.
- You must hold either a Visa or Mastercard in the same legal name as your Kraken account. No other card brands are supported at this time.
- The default cash currency is pre-determined on your verified country of residence.
- Residents of the United States will be able to purchase using debit cards, but credit cards are not supported at this time.
- Digital wallet purchases are only available from within the Kraken App.
- Withdrawals to digital wallets are not supported.
There are a number of reasons why a transaction could fail:
- The app was either closed or refreshed before the crypto order could complete.
- Your card issuer does not allow crypto-related transactions.
- Website or API connectivity issues.
- Adverse market volatility, meaning we're unable to lock down a price.
This list is not exhaustive, so please contact our support team if your purchases continue to fail.
If your card was charged but you did not immediately receive your crypto assets, the transaction will automatically be voided within two hours.
The decimal and thousands separators shown in this article may differ from the formats displayed on our trading platforms. Review our article on how we use points and commas for more information.