First-time cash deposits
All first-time cash deposits will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account, for security purposes.
With ACH online banking it is possible to purchase a range of cryptocurrencies.
Please ensure you have read the important information below.
This service is not available to residents in New York, Texas or Washington.
ACH Purchase fees:
- For every crypto purchase made with your online banking, a processing fee of 0.5% is deducted from the total spending amount specified.
- Depending on the cryptocurrency purchased, the Kraken fee of either 1.5% or 0.9% is applied once the processing fee is deducted.
- All transactions fees are provided on the final confirmation page and are visible before you complete the purchase.
- There are no hidden or additional fees and the total value shown on the Confirmation page is what Kraken will charge to your bank account.
- Any additional bank charges are outside of our control.
ACH transaction limits:
- There is a $10 minimum per transaction.
- Six maximum transactions per 24 hours.
- $5,000 maximum spending within a time-based seven day rolling period.
- A maximum of three bank accounts can be connected at any given time.
ACH online banking payments are not debited from your bank account immediately. Please ensure you have sufficient funds in your bank account until you see the charge from "Kraken Exchange".
If you have Trading 2FA, you will only be able to use your existing account balances. To use online banking for a purchase, please disable Trading 2FA.
The decimal and thousands separators shown in this article may differ from the formats displayed on our trading platforms. Review our article on how we use points and commas for more information.