Citibank makes it easy to wire money to your Kraken account from inside your online banking, or in-person at a local Citibank location. Below are the instructions detailing how to wire money with our MVB funding method.
If your deposit is showing as on hold in your Kraken account or if it has been more than 2 business days after sending your wire and you have not seen the deposit show up in your Kraken account please open a ticket with our funding team with the amount and transaction details so that we can help.
1. Locate our wire instructions inside your Kraken account
- Login to Kraken.com
- Select Funding at the top of the screen.
- Select Deposit next to US Dollar (USD).
- On the next screen, select MVB Bank (Wire), and the deposit instructions will appear.
Your Kraken account’s maximum deposit is listed in the box in the upper right of the image shown above. This number may differ from the bank’s maximum allowable deposit. To avoid holds or returns, be sure to not exceed your account’s maximum deposit.
2. Sign into CitiBank’s online banking
- Sign into your CitiBank online banking system.
- Open the Payments & Transfers menu.
- Then choose Any External Account.
3. Add a Kraken as a recipient
- Under Transfer to Others, select Add a new payee or Add Person
- Select the radio button for A business.
- Enter the Business Name (from step 1) and Nickname (of your choosing).
- Choose the Bank Location United States.
- Under Send Options select Electronic Transfer
- Under Send Money in the US section enter the routing and account numbers (from step 1).
- Under Special Instruction add in the full reference (from step 1) that ends in Kraken.com
- Check that all the information is correct and check the box Yes, it is correct. Then press the Add button.
4. Create the transfer
- Select the Pay Now button.
- Confirm the account you are paying from and the amount and that your special instructions include the full reference (from step 1) that ends in Kraken.com
- Confirm the send date.
- Select Next and confirm the transfer.
After setting up and sending the initial wire transfer you will be able to initiate a wire more easily in the future by:
- Selecting from the top menu, Payments & Transfers > Any External Accounts
- Select the nickname you used under Transfer to Others
- Input the amount confirm the information and select Next.
You can request assistance in enrolling in Citibank® Online or setting up an online wire transfer by contacting CitiPhone Banking®, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
At this time, our USD banking partners do not accept Zelle or ACH transfers. Only wire transfers are accepted.