Chase makes it easy to wire money to your Kraken account from inside your online banking, or in-person at a local Chase location. Below are the instructions detailing how to wire money with our MVB funding method.
1. Locate our wire instructions inside your Kraken account
- Login to Kraken.com.
- Select Funding at the top of the screen.
- Select Deposit next to US Dollar (USD).
- On the next screen, select MVB Bank (Wire), and the deposit instructions will appear:
Your Kraken account’s maximum deposit is listed in the box in the upper right of the image shown above. This number may differ from the bank’s maximum allowable deposit. To avoid holds or returns, be sure to not exceed your account’s maximum deposit.
2. Sign into Chase's online banking
- Sign into your Chase online banking account.
- From the Pay & transfer menu, select Wire Money:
- At this time, our USD banking partners do not accept Zelle or ACH transfers. Only wire transfers are accepted.
3. Add a Wire Recipient
- From the Wire Money tab, select Add a recipient:
- You may be asked to enter an activation code in order to add a new recipient.
- Verify the last 4 of your phone number and whether you want to confirm via Text or Voice.
- Select Next
- Once you receive the code, enter it in the box, and select Next
- Select the Bank Country.
- Enter the Bank routing number.
- Click Next:
- On the next screen, enter and verify the Recipient account number for Kraken’s MVB Bank account.
- Please note that the address that Chase autofills is different than the one listed in your Kraken deposit information. Please ignore this address discrepancy, as long as you have entered the correct Routing Number.
- Finally, enter the recipient information for Kraken that you gathered in step 1.
- This includes the Message to recipient field, where you will enter your Kraken account’s unique reference code:
- Click Next:
- Verify that all of the information is correct, then click Add Recipient
4. Creating and submitting the wire transfer
- To make a one-time wire transfer in U.S. Dollars, click on the Send Payments tab, select Wire Transfer and click Schedule Wire.
- Select the Account from which the funds will be transferred.
- Choose your wire recipient by clicking the radio button next to the recipient’s name.
- Click Next to continue.
- Enter information about your wire transfer, including:
- The amount of the wire transfer.
- The date on which the wire transfer will be sent.
- A message to the Wire transfer recipient (this is where you will enter your reference).
- Instructions for the recipient’s bank.
- Memo information — (this is a field that allows you to provide information about the wire transfer for your own personal records.)
- Then click “Next” to continue.
5. Finalize and send the transfer
- Once all information is correct, click “Wire Money in U.S. Dollars” and you should receive a message confirming that your Wire Transfer has been scheduled.
At this time, our USD banking partners do not accept Zelle or ACH transfers. Only wire transfers are accepted.