Wells Fargo makes it easy to wire money to your Kraken account from inside your online banking, or in-person at a local Wells Fargo location. Below are the instructions detailing how to wire money with our MVB funding method.
Please note that the MVB funding method is only available for US residents (except Texas) and the Kraken account must be verified to Intermediate or Pro level.
1. Locate our wire instructions inside your Kraken account
- Login to Kraken.com .
- Select Funding at the top of the screen.
- Select Deposit next to US Dollar (USD).
- On the next screen, select MVB Bank (Wire), and the deposit instructions will appear.
Your Kraken account’s maximum deposit is listed in the box in the upper right of the image shown above. This number may differ from the bank’s maximum allowable deposit. To avoid holds or returns, be sure to not exceed your account’s maximum deposit.
2. Sign into Wells Fargo's online banking
- Sign into your Wells Fargo online banking.
- Select Transfer and Pay.
- Choose Wire Money.
3. Add Kraken as a Recipient
- Create a new recipient for Kraken.
- Select the Country.
- Choose Business under account type.
- Enter the Business name and Routing number you got in step 1 (remove periods or commas).
- Select Verify Bank Name and then select Continue
4. To create the transfer
- Choose the account From which you will be sending the funds.
- Enter the Amount of the transfer.
- Enter your account’s unique reference (received in step #1) in the Memo field.
5. Add in the account number from the Kraken wire instructions
- Input the account number that you received earlier in step 1.
6. Add Recipient details
- Add in the address information that you received earlier in step 1 and select Continue. Then confirm the information and hit Continue once more.
7. Finalize and send the transfer
- Review the information you have entered and if everything is correct, send the transfer.
At this time, our USD banking partners do not accept Zelle or ACH transfers. Only wire transfers are accepted.