Wells Fargo makes it easy to wire money to your Kraken account from inside your online banking or in-person at a local Wells Fargo location. Below are the instructions detailing how to wire money with our MVB funding method.
MVB funding method availabilityPlease note that the MVB funding method is only available for US residents (except Texas) and the Kraken account must be verified to Intermediate or Pro level.
- Locate our wire instructions inside your Kraken account
- Sign in to Kraken.com.
- Select Funding at the top of the screen and click on the Deposit button.
- Search for USD (US Dollar) and click on it.
- On the next screen, select MVB Bank (Wire) and the deposit instructions will appear.
- Review the important notes and instructions.
- Sign into Wells Fargo's online banking
- Sign into your Wells Fargo online banking.
- Select Transfer and Pay.
- Choose Wire Money.
- Add Kraken as a Recipient
- Create a new recipient for Kraken.
- Select the Country.
- Choose Business under account type.
- Enter the Business name and Routing number you received in step 1 (remove periods or commas).
- Select Verify Bank Name and then select Continue.
- To create the transfer
- Choose the account From which you will be sending the funds.
- Enter the Amount of the transfer.
- Enter your account’s unique reference (received in step 1) in the Message to recipient's bank field.
- Add in the account number from the Kraken wire instructions
- Input the account number that you received earlier in step 1.
- Add Recipient details
- Add in the address information that you received earlier in step 1 and select Continue. Then confirm the information and hit Continue once more.
- Finalize and send the transfer
- Review the information you have entered and if everything is correct, send the transfer.
At this time, our USD banking providers do not accept Zelle or ACH transfers. Only wire transfers are accepted.