Bank of America makes it easy to wire money to your Kraken account from inside your online banking, or in-person at a local Bank of America location. Below are the instructions detailing how to wire money with our MVB funding method.
Please note that the MVB funding method is only available for US residents (except Texas) and the Kraken account must be verified to Intermediate or Pro level.
1. Locate our wire instructions inside your Kraken account
- Login to Kraken.com
- Select Funding at the top of the screen
- Select Deposit next to US Dollar (USD)
- On the next screen, select MVB Bank (Wire), and the deposit instructions will appear
Your Kraken account’s maximum deposit is listed in the box in the upper right of the image shown above. This number may differ from the bank’s maximum allowable deposit. To avoid holds or returns, be sure to not exceed your account’s maximum deposit.
2. Sign into Bank of America’s online banking
- Sign into your Bank of America online banking.
- Select the Transfers | Zelle tab.
- Choose Using Someone’s Account Number > At another bank.
3. Add Kraken as a Recipient
- Choose the Add Account/Recipient tab.
- Select Domestic (U.S.) then A business account, mine or someone else’s, at another bank.
- Using the information from your Kraken account’s deposit page (gotten in step 1), fill out the web form.
- Select Send SafePass code, and enter the code that is sent to you.
- Click Add Account.
4. To create the transfer
- Select ‘Make Transfer’, then.
- Select the account that you want to send from.
- In the dropdown menu for To, select the new recipient that you just created.
- Under Delivery Speed, choose Same business day Wire Transfer.
Do not select the ACH options. The transfer will not go though, as we do not accept ACH at this time.
- Choose the Amount and Frequency.
- Lastly, under ‘Description’ enter your unique reference.
- Select Send SafePass code, and enter the code.
5. Finalize and send the transfer
- Review the information, and if everything is correct, click Make Transfer.
At this time, our USD banking partners do not accept Zelle or ACH transfers. Only wire transfers are accepted.