We use Cloudflare to prevent Denial of Service (DoS) attacks and other suspicious activity.
We are unable to manually remove IPs or devices from Cloudflare's block list.
If your IP or device is being blocked by Cloudflare, below are the most likely reasons as well as potential solutions:
1) Your device has too many kraken.com tabs/windows open at once, or you are refreshing a kraken.com page too frequently.
- Close all of your browser tabs/windows for Kraken.com
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies from "All Time".
2) You are logging in via scripts/bots.
Not to be confused with password managers, login autofill, or Kraken API usage — all of which are fine.
- Do not use bots on the login or signup page of Kraken.com or other Cloudflare-protected websites.
3) The IP address you are connecting from has been involved with malicious activity.
Sometimes the IP address provided to you by your internet service provider (ISP) has been recycled from a past user.
- Ask your ISP for a new IP address.
- Use a VPN to change how your IP address appears. However, beware of "free" VPNs.
- Use a different internet connection (e.g. home wifi or mobile data). However, avoid signing into Kraken or any other financial services from public wifi (such as a cafe, work, or college) as it is not secure.
4) Your device has malware.
A device infected with malware (e.g. botnets) can engage in malicious activity on your behalf without you knowing it.
- Using a reputable anti-virus application (avoid free ones), scan your computer for malware and remove it if found, then follow the IP instructions above.