We use Cloudflare to protect the performance and uptime of our website, as well as to protect clients from sign-in attempts by malicious bots (remember to always keep your username private!)
Kraken Support is unable to remove devices from Cloudflare's block list.
If your device is being blocked by Cloudflare, below are the most likely reasons and solutions.
- You tried to sign in to your Kraken account too many times within the last few minutes.
- You are refreshing a kraken.com page too frequently.
- Your device has too many kraken.com tabs or windows open at once.
- Close all of your browser tabs and windows for Kraken.com.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies from "All time".
- Wait 15 minutes.
To help us better track down the issue, please reach out to our Support team using the Other questions form (not Live Chat), select the Other category and provide the following details:
1. The RayID on the error message
2. Do you get the error when visiting kraken.com, www.kraken.com or both?
3. Visit https://www.kraken.com/cdn-cgi/trace and copy the "colo=" value
In the meantime, changing your location via VPN may redirect you to another CloudFlare server.
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser.
- Turn off any browser extension that blocks cookies.
- Clear your existing cookies and cache from "All time".
- Try another browser.
- Try another device.
If you are unable to connect to our main interface, kraken.com, it may still be possible to connect and trade via other avenues:
- Kraken Pro mobile app - full featured app with margin trading and advanced order types that allows connecting via username and password.
- Kraken mobile app - beginner friendly app where you can buy, sell and convert cryptocurrencies.
- Cryptowat.ch: full-featured trading and charting platform that allows you to trade on multiple exchanges from a single platform.