Kraken Support is unable to remove devices from Cloudflare's block list.
If your device is being blocked by Cloudflare, below are the most likely reasons and solutions.
Error 1015 "You are being rate limited"
A rate limit is a temporary ban that automatically goes away after 15 minutes. Kraken Support is unable to speed up this wait time.
- Your device has too many kraken.com tabs/windows open at once.
- You are refreshing a kraken.com page too frequently.
- Close all of your browser tabs/windows for Kraken.com
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies from "All Time".
- Wait 15 minutes.
Error 1020 "Access Denied"
1) Your browser is blocking cookies.
Cookies play an important role in helping Cloudflare distinguish between malicious visitors and legitimate clients.
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser.
- Turn off any browser extension that blocks cookies.
- Clear your existing cookies and cache from "all time".
- Try another browser.
2) Your network and/or device has malware.
A network or device infected with malware (e.g. botnets) can engage in malicious activity on your behalf without you knowing it, and many anti-virus apps are unable to detect it.
- Use a reputable anti-virus application (avoid free ones) to scan your device for malware and remove it if found, then follow the browser instructions above. If no malware is found, try another anti-virus application.
- Use a different device (e.g. laptop vs tablet vs phone).
3) You are logging in via scripts/bots.
Not to be confused with password managers, login autofill, or Kraken API — all of which are fine.
- Do not use bots on the login or signup page of Kraken.com or other Cloudflare-protected websites. If you want to automate your Kraken usage, please only do so via Kraken API.