In order to get verified to the Intermediate level or higher, we require the following documents to be uploaded to your account:
(1) Valid Government Issued ID Document
Valid documents include:
- Drivers license
- National identity card (front + back)
Other valid government-issued ID may be accepted if it has your full legal name, photo, date of birth, and issue and expiry dates all on the front of your ID.
Firearm licenses are not accepted.
For US clients, only US govt.-issued IDs are accepted for USD funding.
Please make sure that your ID photos/scan meet these image requirements.
(2) Proof of Residence Document
Proof of residence documents must contain your name, address, and be dated less than 3 months ago from the date of submission.
Valid documents include, but are not limited to:
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Utility bill (water, electricity, gas, internet, phone)
- Payroll statement -or- Official salary document from employer
- Insurance statement
- Tax document
- Residence certificate
We do NOT accept USPS change-of-address letters.
For documents in languages that use non-Latin characters (such as Russian, Chinese, Thai, Hebrew, etc.), a notarized translation of your proof of residence document will greatly speed up processing time.
(3) Valid SSN (Social Security Number) (US clients only)
(4) ID Confirmation Photo (certain countries only)
You will be required to provide an ID confirmation photo for the Intermediate verification level if you are:
- Resident in USA or Germany
- Funding with a German bank account
- Using domestic USD funding
However, there may also be other situations where we would require you to upload an ID confirmation photo.
To upload all the required documents to your Kraken account:
- Go to the Get Verified page in your account
- Select the purple "Get Verified" button at the bottom of the Intermediate column
- Follow the instructions on the form
Be sure that all files uploaded meet the necessary technical parameters.