If you are having trouble editing/adding your address or uploading documents to your account please try turning off your GSL (Global Settings Lock) and try again.
In order to get verified to the Intermediate or Pro level or to update account information, we may require the following documents to be uploaded to your account:
(1) Valid Government Issued ID Document
Valid documents include:
- Drivers license
- National identity card (front + back)
Other valid government-issued ID may be accepted if it has your full legal name, photo, date of birth and issue and expiry dates all on the front of your ID.
Firearm licenses are not accepted.
For US clients residing in Texas, only US govt.-issued IDs are accepted for USD funding.
Please make sure that your ID photos/scans meet these image requirements.
(2) Proof of Residence Document
Proof of residence documents must contain your name, address and be dated less than 3 months ago from the date of submission. We do NOT accept P.O. Box addresses from any country.
Valid documents include, but are not limited to:
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Utility bill (water, electricity, gas, internet, phone)
- Payroll statement -or- Official salary document from employer
- Insurance statement
- Tax document
- Residence certificate
We do NOT accept USPS change-of-address letters.
For documents in languages that use non-Latin characters (such as Russian, Chinese, Thai, Hebrew, etc.), a notarized translation of your proof of residence document will greatly speed up processing time.
(3) Valid SSN (Social Security Number) or ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) (US clients only)
(4) Face Photo (South African and US Clients)
You will be required to provide a Face Photo for the Intermediate verification level if you are:
- A resident of South Africa or USA
- Funding with a South African or US bank
** There may also be other situations where we would require you to submit either a Face Photo or an ID Confirmation Photo.**
The Face Photo and ID Confirmation Photo can either be taken using your device’s camera or uploaded from the computer.
To upload all the required documents to your Kraken account:
- Select ‘Get Verified’ by clicking on your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Locate the column showing 'Intermediate', click ‘Verify’
- Follow the instructions on the form
Be sure that all files uploaded meet the necessary technical parameters.