Creating a Kraken account is the first step towards accessing the services that Kraken offers.
1. Make sure you are visiting the official Kraken site on https://www.kraken.com.
2. Click on the "Create Account"-button in the upper-right corner.
3. Enter your email address, a username, and a strong password on the next page.
Follow these password and username tips to create your account securely.
- The minimum password length is 8 characters but we recommend using a long unique password created by a password manager.
- If the password is less than 25 characters long, it must contain one special character, one number, and cannot contain your username.
- We recommend long usernames.
- Do not make your username something common, obvious, or easy to guess.
- Never share your username — treat it as privately as your password.
4. For more advanced options, you can click the "Advanced options" button.
All the advanced options are optional.
On the sign up form, you can only use a static password as your master key — which is not ideal. However, once you create your account, you can change your master key to be a dynamic passcode using an authenticator app or a Yubikey.
If you use PGP encryption for emails, you can enter your public key and then all of our automated system emails will be sent to you encrypted.
5. You should receive an activation email containing an activation key.
6. Enter your activation key on the account activation form, or alternatively complete activation by clicking the link in the email.
7. Confirm your password, complete the captcha if asked, and click the "Activate Account" button.
8. Congratulations! You have successfully created your Kraken account and you’re ready to get started.