To create a Kraken account:
(1) Make sure you are visiting the official Kraken site at https://www.kraken.com.
(2a) You can quickly create an account directly on the home page by typing your email, preferred username, and password.
- The minimum password length is 8 characters but we recommend using a long unique password created by a password manager.
- If the password is less than 25 characters long, it must contain one special character, one number, and cannot contain your username.
- We recommend long usernames.
- Do not make your username something common, obvious, or easy to guess.
- Never share your username — treat it as privately as your password.
(2b) For more advanced options you can click the "Sign Up" button at the top right of the home page which will take you to https://www.kraken.com/signup.
Advanced account creation is completely optional.
In the Advanced Options you can confirm your country of residence, time zone, and optionally add a master key and/or PGP public key.
The Master Key is an optional security feature that can be used to recover account access in case you lose your login credentials. If enabled, it is required during password resets, Two-Factor Authentication bypass requests, and when unlocking the Global Settings Lock security feature on Kraken.
If you use PGP encryption for emails you can enter your public key and then all of our automated system emails will be sent to you encrypted.
(3) You should receive an activation email containing an activation key.
If you do not receive an activation email please check your spam folder and if you have not received the email please contact support.
(4) Enter your activation key on the account activation form, or alternatively complete activation by clicking the link in the email.
Confirm your password, complete the captcha, and click the "Activate Account" button.
(5) Congratulations! You have successfully created your Kraken account and you’re ready to get started.