In order to close your account, please contact Support by creating a closure request. The following steps will instruct you on how to do so:
- Sign-in to your account through the Support Center.
- Navigate to Contact Support on the top right corner of your screen. Select the Submit a ticket request button.
- Create a closure request by selecting Other questions (general, feedback, bugs) and then the Close Account category.
We are sad to see you go!
Before requesting account closure, export all your trade and ledger history as we will be unable to provide it to you later.
Before you go, take a look to see if any of the below topics may help you. If there is anything else we can do to assist you our Support team is available 24/7.
- After creating your Kraken account follow our step-by-step guide to help you verify your account.
- If you are verifying your account to Intermediate level or higher you will be required to provide additional documentation such as a:
- Proof of Address document
- Government-issued photo ID
- Face Photo (South African and US clients)
Ensure you are uploading the correct documentation to help speed up the verification process.
- Before you apply for an Intermediate or Pro level account check our geographic restrictions to ensure you have access to our services.
If you are still facing issues with the verification process, chat directly with one of our Support specialists by clicking the Help button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Follow these steps to recover your sign-in credentials:
If the above instructions did not resolve the issue, please submit a Sign-in troubleshooting & Account security request so that our security team can investigate further.
- Add a sign-in 2FA.
- Add a Master Key.
- Read our password and username recommendations to ensure your sign-in credentials are safe.
To further protect your account follow our recommended guidelines to safeguard your Kraken account and digital life.
To find out more about how Kraken implements leading security features visit: Cryptocurrency Security
- If you can't find the coin you are looking for, you can enquire about a new coin listing if you are a developer or fan of a coin project.
- You can find all of the cryptocurrencies available on Kraken listed in our Support article.
- Visit our Learn page Bitcoin and cryptocurrency for beginners to further increase your knowledge of crypto before you invest.
Take a look at the links below for useful beginner tools:
- Introduction to cryptocurrency trading
- Find a list of common Kraken words and phrases in our Trading glossary