These guidelines are designed to help you create a secure password for your Kraken account.
- Minimum length is 8 characters, maximum is 128.
- Must contain at least one number.
- Must contain at least one special character (e.g. !, @, #, $ etc.) -- spaces do not count.
- Cannot contain your username.
- If the password is less than 15 characters long, it cannot contain "common" words (e.g. common passwords or names).
- The best passwords are usually passphrases that are easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess.
- The best passphrases are usually nonsensical phrases with a few misspelled words, capital letters, numbers, or special characters thrown in.
- e.g. "figurativ should3#3 Hula-sing"
- Famous quotes should be avoided.
- Use a password manager such as KeePassXC to generate random passwords and to keep your passwords safe from theft or forgetfulness.
Be sure to also check our username requirements and recommendations.