These guidelines are designed to help you create a secure password for your Kraken account.
- Minimum length is 8 characters, maximum is 128.
- Must contain at least one number.
- Must contain at least one special character (e.g. !, @, #, $ etc.) -- spaces do not count.
- Cannot contain your username.
- If the password is less than 15 characters long, it cannot contain "common" words (e.g. common passwords or names).
Password security recommendations
- Do not use the same password as on your email address or any other service!
- Use a password manager such as KeePassXC to generate random passwords (ideally 64 characters or longer) and to keep your passwords safe from theft or forgetfulness.
If you do not want to use a password manager:
- The best passwords are usually nonsensical phrases with a few misspelled words, capital letters, numbers, or special characters thrown in.
- e.g. "figurativ should3#3 Hula-sing"
- The phrase should be easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess.
- Famous quotes should be avoided.
Be sure to also check our username requirements and recommendations.
Important: A good password is not enough to secure your account! It's critical to take advantage of all of our security features, including a Login 2FA for both your Kraken account and for your email account.