If you would like to trade on Kraken for business purposes or as an institutional trader you will require a Pro Corporate account.
A pro corporate account comes with the following benefits:
- Increased deposit & withdrawal limits
- Increased margin allowance limits
- Increased API rate limits
- Access to OTC desk
Before applying for a pro corporate account, please be aware of the following requirements:
Fiat deposits and withdrawals can only be transferred to/from a business bank account registered under the same business name.
After you submit your application, you'll be asked to provide digital copies of the following documents:
- Corporate formation
- Government issued photo ID (in color) for each Account Accessor and Beneficial Owner
- Proof of residence for each account Accessor and Beneficial Owner
- Proof of Business Operating Address showing the physical address of the company
- Company Share Registry or Corporate Structure document displaying ownership
Please note that additional documentation may be requested during the application process.
Beneficial Ownership requirements
You will be asked to provide ownership information for:
- Any individuals that own 25% or more equity, shares, or voting rights of the corporate entity.
- Any individuals that maintain significant managerial control, including person(s) who directly or indirectly holds the rights to appoint or remove a majority of the board, and/or overall operations over the corporate entity (CEO, CFO, Owner, or equivalent position).
- Any individuals that are the trustee of a trust or the members of a firm that exercise significant control over the company.
If your corporate entity is owned by another corporate entity, please detail the entity and ownership percentage by submitting a Corporate structure document.
1. Create an account for your business at www.kraken.com/signup. Be sure to choose a username that is hard to guess and keep it private.
2. Leave your account at Tier 0; do not fill out anything on the "Get Verified" page as it may cause delays to your on-boarding. A corporate verification specialist needs to complete the verification steps for you in our internal system.
3. Enable at least one form of dynamic Two-factor Authentication (2FA) for login on the security page of the account.
4. Fill out the application form:
- Sign into your account in our Support Center.
- Create a new support ticket using the "Pro-level Corporate application" form.
- Remember to hit "Submit" once you've filled everything in.
If you have any questions while completing the application, please let us know in the "Questions or comments?" section of the secure web form.
5. Wait for a response from our corporate team, which may take 5+ business days*, then attach the requested documents in your reply to the email that you'll receive from us.
*currently taking longer due to increased demand.