Open a business account if you would like to trade on Kraken for business purposes or on behalf of a business entity and enjoy the following benefits:
- Personalized deposit & withdrawal limits
- Access to Kraken's Over-The-Counter Trading Desk
- Higher Margin Allowance limits
- Higher API limits
Trading fees: Trading fees are the same for business and Personal accounts, but the discount schedules reward frequent and high-volume activity.
Funding requirements: Fiat deposits and withdrawals can only be transferred to/from a business bank account registered under the same business name.
How to apply for a business account:
- If you have not done so already, create an account at www.kraken.com/signup and secure your account by adding at least one form of Sign-In Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
- Navigate to Step 1: Verify your account for Crypto. Alternatively, you may select ‘Get Verified’ by navigating to your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select ‘business’ to launch and fill in your business account application.
- You may save the application if you wish to return to it later. To find it again, simply go back to the “Get Verified” selection by navigating to your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Submit when you have entered all of the required information and included the necessary documentation.
Wait for a response from our verification team, typically within 0-2 business days. Please note it may take several days or more to approve your application, subject to additional information or documentation that may be requested.
What business documents will be required?
- Corporate formation documents
- Government issued Photo ID for each accessor and beneficial owner
- Proof of residence document for each account accessor and beneficial owner
- Company share registry
- Organizational chart displaying ownership structure, if your business entity is owned by another entity
- Proof of business operating address document showing the physical address of the company
Beneficial ownership requirements:
In addition to the required documents, you will also be asked to provide ownership information:
- For any individuals that own 25% or more equity, shares or voting rights of the business entity.
- For any individuals that maintain significant managerial control, including individual(s) who directly or indirectly holds the rights to appoint or remove a majority of the board and/or overall operations over the business entity (CEO, CFO, Owner or equivalent position).
- For any individuals that are the trustee of a trust or the members of a firm that exercise significant control over the company.
We want this process to be as quick as possible for you! Most applications are processed in 5 days or less if we have received all the required documents. The processing of the application can begin only after all the required documents have been received.
Please note that additional documentation may be requested during the application process.