Open a business account with Pro limits if you would like to trade for business purposes or on behalf of a business entity. With a business account you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Personalized deposit & withdrawal limits
- Access to Kraken's Over-The-Counter (OTC) Trading Desk
- Margin Trading, if you are eligible to trade margin
- Higher API limits
Funding requirements: Bank deposits and withdrawals can only be transferred to/from a business bank account registered under the same business name.
Document requirements: In order to apply for a business account with Pro limits, you will need to provide valid business documents and personal documents. To make sure you have all of the documents ready before you apply, download our Document Checklist.
The estimated processing time is five days. To speed up processing, please provide all documents that are requested in the application form. Verification times can increase pending any additional information or documentation that may be requested by our team. During periods of high demand, processing times can be slowed down considerably. If you experience a delay, it doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with your application.
How to apply
- Select Create Account in the upper righthand corner of the page.
- Next, click on Create a business account at the bottom of the page.
- Then, fill out your new account details, and click on the Create account button.
- Once your account is set up, be sure to secure your account by adding at least one form of Sign-In Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
- Next, navigate to your name in the upper right corner of the page and then select Get Verified.
- Select Verify under Pro (Account features and limits) to access the application form.
- You can save your application if you would like to return to it later. To access it later, simply go back to the Get Verified section by first navigating to your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Fill out the required information in each section.
- Once you have completed a section, you will see a purple checkmark next to the section title, which indicates that the section is complete. Only once you have completed all of the sections of the application will you be able to submit your application.
- Once you have entered all of the required information and included the necessary documentation, hit Submit.
If you would like to transfer funds to and from your personal bank account, while still enjoying many of the benefits that come with a business account, then a Personal account with Pro limits may be right for you.
- Limited Liabilities Companies (LLC)
- Sole Proprietorships
- Sole Traders (UK)
- Australian Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF)
- Mutual Fund Schemes
Required documents & information
- Corporate Formation document
- Company Share Registry
- Organizational Chart displaying ownership structure (if your business entity is owned by another entity)
- Proof of Business Operating Address (POBOA) document showing the physical address of the company
*We also require personal documentation for each beneficial owner and account accessor.
Please note that corporate documentation may vary significantly depending on the country of incorporation. To ensure that you submit the right documents, please reference the information provided below. Additional documentation may be requested during the application process.
- Any individuals that own 25% or more shares, equity or voting rights of the business entity.
- Any individuals that maintain significant managerial control, including any individual who directly or indirectly holds the rights to appoint or remove a majority of the board or overall operations over the business entity (CEO, CFO, Owner or equivalent position).
- Any individuals that are the trustee of a trust or the members of a firm that exercise significant control over the company.
- Any individuals who will access the account.
A complete list of required personal verification documents can be found in this Support Center Article.
POBOA documents include:
- Business bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Lease agreement
- Utility bill
- Registered lease/rent document
- Property ownership title deed registered in the name of the institution, duly stamped and signed
To speed up processing, please provide all documents that are requested in the application form. Verification times can increase pending any additional information or documentation that may be requested by our team.
We can only begin processing your application when all of the required documents have been received. To expedite the process, please be sure to download the Business Account Document Checklist to make sure you include all relevant documents in your initial application.