If you make any changes to your password and don’t have either Sign-in 2FA or a Master Key enabled, withdrawals to new withdrawal addresses will be held for 12 hours for security purposes. Withdrawal addresses already added to your account won’t be affected.
- Sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to Portfolio.
- Click the Withdraw button.
- Search for the currency you wish to withdraw and then click on it.
- Obtain the cryptocurrency address that you intend to send the funds to. Always double-check the address is correct by copy and pasting the exact address (never type in an address by hand). Note that different cryptocurrencies may share the same address format, so make sure you are sending to the right type of address as well.
- Click on To, then Add new withdrawal address to input the new withdrawal address.
- Enter a unique Address Description for the address (e.g. “Mum's Bitcoin savings”, “My BTC address”, etc.) to help you remember what the address is used for.
Note: all withdrawal addresses and address descriptions on your account must have a unique label. You cannot use the same label even if it is for two different cryptocurrencies.
- Enter the deposit address by copying and pasting the entire address into the ‘Address’ field. Then click Add new withdrawal address.
Note: If you have the Global Settings Lock enabled on your account, you will not be able to add a withdrawal address.
- You will receive an email request to verify the newly added withdrawal address. After clicking on the verification link, you will then be able to use this address to make withdrawals from your Kraken account.
There is also a link in this email to lock your Kraken account, in case an attacker has compromised your Kraken account and is trying to add their own withdrawal address to steal your funds. Only click this Lock Account link if you did not authorize the addition of this withdrawal address.
The withdrawal approval link that is sent to your email will be valid for one hour, if you do not confirm your withdrawal address within that time the link will expire.
- Congratulations! You are now able to make a withdrawal to this address!