Select the Deposits or Withdrawals sections below for step-by-step instructions on how to send and receive Bitcoin over the Lightning Network on Kraken.
Once you are signed in to your Kraken click on the Deposit button.
Select Bitcoin (BTC) and click on the Lightning Network tab.
Enter an amount and select Generate deposit request.
- 4Use your Lightning wallet app to scan the QR code on the Kraken deposit page.
- 5Confirm Pay in your Lightning wallet app.
- 6Check if your Deposit shows up in Recent transactions table.
- 1Once you are signed in to your Kraken account click on the Funding navbar item. Then click on Withdraw.
- 2Click Add withdrawal request button.
- 3Tap Receive in your Lightning wallet app, if it says any amount it will not work with Kraken, so edit it to have an amount and description.
- 4Copy the Lightning request.
- 5Create a Request label and paste in the Withdrawal request. After selecting Add withdrawal request you will receive an email that needs to be confirmed.Note: the Request label helps you to remember what the request is used for. The label you create must be unique and cannot be used more than once.
- 6Once confirmed, you can now click the Withdraw button.
- 7If you have funding 2FA enabled, you will be prompted for it.
- 8The withdrawal now goes into an Initiated state.
- 9You will receive the bitcoin in your Lightning wallet app!
To find out more about Kraken's Lightning node, visit our support article (recommended for more advanced users).