To send bitcoin on the Lightning Network your Kraken account must be verified to an Intermediate or Pro level account. You will also need a Lightning wallet app to send to/from. Your wallet address will start with LN.
Select the Deposits or Withdrawals sections below for step-by-step instructions on how to send and receive Bitcoin over the Lightning Network on Kraken.
- Once you are signed in to your Kraken account click on the Funding navbar item. Then click on Deposit.
- Select Bitcoin BTC.
- Click on the Lightning Network card, enter an amount and select Generate deposit request.
- Use your Lightning wallet app to scan the QR code on the Kraken deposit page.
- Confirm Pay in your Lightning wallet app.
- Check if your Deposit shows up in Recent transactions table.
- Once you are signed in to your Kraken account click on the Funding navbar item. Then click on Withdraw.
- Click Add withdrawal request button.
- Tap Receive in your Lightning wallet app, if it says any amount it will not work with Kraken, so edit it to have an amount and description.
- Copy the Lightning request.
- Create a Request label and paste in the Withdrawal request. After selecting Add withdrawal request you will receive an email that needs to be confirmed.
Note: the Request label helps you to remember what the request is used for. The label you create must be unique and cannot be used more than once.
- Once confirmed, you can now click the Withdraw button.
- If you have funding 2FA enabled, you will be prompted for it.
- The withdrawal now goes into an Initiated state.
- You will receive the bitcoin in your Lightning wallet app!