Currently, Kraken does not support deposits for:
Binance Chain (BNB) or the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) (BEP-20/BEP-2 Tokens)
BEP-20/BEP-2 tokens deposited to any Kraken address will not be credited and will result in the loss of your deposit. While BEP-20 tokens use the same address format as Ethereum they are separate networks. Binance also provides this warning on their withdrawal pages.
- When withdrawing from an exchange to Kraken (for supported tokens) ensure you are withdrawing the ERC-20 version.
Only deposit and withdraw Polygon (MATIC) on the Ethereum (ERC-20) network or Polygon network. If you send a token via the Polygon chain that is not supported on the Polygon network your deposit will not be credited. You can review a list of our tokens and their supported networks on this article.
Other common mistakes that result in loss of deposited funds
- Depositing Fuse, Harmony, Phantom, xDAI or Avalanche protocol tokens to an ETH address (funds will be lost)
- Depositing BCH to a BTC address (funds will be lost)
- Depositing DOT to a KSM address (funds will be lost)
- Depositing KSM to a DOT address (funds will be lost)
- Depositing KAR (and other Kusama parachain assets) to a KSM address (funds will be lost)
- Depositing KSM to a KAR (and other Kusama parachain assets) address (funds will be lost)
For more information on the protocols that are accepted for depositing tokens on Kraken please see the Protocol/Standard column on this page.