The following Google Sheet can be used to calculate the REST API authentication signature for any combination of input data:
- API private (secret) key
- API endpoint (Balance, TradeBalance, QueryOrders, etc.)
- Nonce value (see our what is a nonce support page for more details)
- Endpoint input parameters (asset=doge, for example)
The calculator can be used to verify that the authentication algorithm has been correctly implemented, thereby avoiding potential issues (notably unexpected invalid key errors) later in the development cycle.
- Open the REST API authentication calculator in Chrome (or any other recent web browser)
- Make a copy of the calculator to your own Google Drive via the File -> Make a copy menu (you will need to sign in to your Google account for this step)
- Edit the API key, API endpoint, nonce value, and input data fields with your own API key and request details
- Compare the calculated API authentication signature to the value calculated by your own API code (the two values must match exactly)
For security reasons, we recommend using the authentication calculator with a temporary API key, and then deleting the API key from your account once your authentication signature implementation is shown to be correct.