After you have started the sign in process by entering your username, password and sign-in 2FA, our system will detect whether a new device is being used to access your account.
If you are signing in on a new device, our system will send out an email to the email address that is associated with your Kraken account. We do this in order to verify that it is you, the account owner, that is trying to sign in.
- You will see this screen:
- Then, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the Approve device button as seen below, within 20 minutes, otherwise the link will expire.
- Finally, you will see this page and be successfully signed in on your new device.
Note: You may need to switch tabs in your browser, in order to view the page where you are signed into your account.
Device approval is a security feature that we have developed in order to prevent an unauthorized person or bot from accessing your account through a phishing website.
We recommend bookmarking the Kraken sign-in page and always double checking that you’re signing into https://www.kraken.com.
Keeping your account safe requires vigilance and always verifying where you enter your sign-in credentials.
Frequently asked questions
If you encounter this screen when attempting to approve a new device, we recommend following the steps below before you contact support.
- Verify that you are signing into https://www.kraken.com, a slight variation of this address can mean that you are visiting a phishing website, and you are putting your funds at risk.
- Ensure that both the device that you are trying to sign in with, and the device that you are approving the device from, are on the same network and using the same connection to the internet.
If the above steps don’t help, please reach out to our support team by clicking the Help button in the lower right corner of your screen.