Creating your account
To create an account using the Kraken app, you'll first need to install the app via the App Store or Google Play.
Once installed, open the app and tap the Create account button.
Next, you'll need to provide the details to your new account. Please provide:
At this point, an email will be sent to you with an activation code. Please enter the activation code in the app, or simply tap the link in the email message.
Verifying your account
In order to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, you'll need to verify your account with Kraken. To verify your account, tap "Verify account" and provide the following information:
- Mobile phone number
- First and last name, as written on your ID document
- Date of birth (must be at least 18 years of age)
You will then need to photograph and submit some supporting documents.
- An identity document, which could be:
- National ID (front and back)
- Passport (information page)
- Driver's license (front and back)
- A proof of residence document, which could be:
- Utility bill
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Proof of residency certificate
- Residents of the US and South Africa will also be asked to provide a face photo.
Once your documents have been submitted, they will be processed and you will receive an email when your account is verified. If you have any questions about the verification process, or you encounter any issues, please contact support.