The Kraken Pro mobile app was built with the active trader in mind. This application communicates directly with our trade engine via a user-generated API key. Without ever sharing your account’s login details, you can securely trade on the go while monitoring full-featured candlestick price charts.
As this app does not have funding options available, you must have available fiat or cryptocurrency in your Kraken account to begin placing orders. Fiat and crypto funding can be initiated directly on our website.
1. Once you’ve opened the app, you can navigate to the ‘New Order’ form within both the ‘Markets’ and ‘Trade’ tab.
2. If you’d like to change the trading pair, tap the current market in the top left.
4. You can switch between placing buy or sell orders by tapping the respective buttons.
5. Within the ‘Amount’ box, you can define the order for a specific volume of base currency.
6. Within ‘Limit Price’ you can specify the price at which you want a limit order to be fulfilled.
7. Within ‘Total’ we can see the total cost of the order referencing the data points above. If this is filled in before ‘Amount’, the ‘Amount’ box will be automatically filled with the appropriate amount of volume.
8. The ‘Available Balance’ metric is based off of your current balance not currently held within ‘Open Orders’ however please note this does not take into account funds held in currently open margin positions.
When placing a buy order, the balance requested is the trading pair's quote currency. Vice versa, when placing a sell order the balance requested is the trading pairs base currency.
Swiping up from here will reveal additional order options.
9. After you’ve finished filling in your ideal order settings, simply click the green ‘Buy’ or red ‘Sell’ button in the bottom right corner.
10. You’ll be brought to an ‘Order Review’ screen where you can double check the order details.
11. Swiping up to submit this order will send it off to our trade engine. Once successfully received, you’ll be presented with an ‘Order Created’ notification.
Additional order options
The "Start" field allows you to customize the time at which the order is placed on the market.
The "Expires" field allows you to customize the time at which the order is cancelled if it isn't filled.
Post Limit Order
This prevents order taker fees and ensures the maker fee if it is executed. The order will get posted on the books (or be cancelled). This prevents placing a limit buy order that matches against the sell side of the order book immediately (and vice versa for sell orders) which would result in taker fees.
This field sets your preference for the currency in which your non-margin fees are determined if the order is filled. But it won't necessarily give you your choice (for example, if you set it to a currency in which you have zero balance).
A Conditional Close Order is automatically placed when the order for opening the spot position on margin is executed. It creates an opposing order intended to close the spot position on margin.
The conditional close feature is useful for automatically setting a stop loss OR profit target for a spot position on margin when the trade executes.