With the Kraken Pro app, you can:
- View your trading and staking portfolio balances
- Trade with market, limit, stop loss and take profit order types
- Margin trade, if eligible
- View candlestick price charts
Download Kraken Pro for Android 8.0 and up (Google Play)
Download Kraken Pro for iOS 15 and up (Apple App Store)
How do I connect my account to the app?
To connect your Kraken account to the Kraken Pro app you can sign in using your current username and password.
Once connected to the app, you will have the following benefits:
- You will stay signed in permanently on the app unless you choose to disconnect by tapping Sign Out.
- If you lose your device, you can sign in to Kraken.com and revoke your signed in session.
Why is the app asking for fingerprint or PIN when I haven't set one up yet?
When you open the app, it will request your security code at the system level. This would be your device's lock screen biometrics or lock screen PIN.
What 2FA methods are compatible with the app?
When signing in with your username and password all Two-factor Authentication (2FA) settings will be enabled. A sign in 2FA is required when signing in and Trading 2FA will be prompted when applicable.
Trading 2FA is a separate 2FA method specifically for placing orders, so it is still possible to place a new order or modify an existing order via the app even though you have Trading 2FA enabled on your account.
2FA for API keys is not yet compatible with the app. If you have this set up on your API keys it will not be possible to access the app.
Funding & Staking
Can I deposit and withdraw with the app?
Deposits and withdrawals are available with the Kraken Pro app. To fund your account via the app:
- 1Select the Portfolio icon at the bottom of the screen.
- 2Then select the Deposit or Withdraw button.
- 3Choose the currency you wish to deposit or withdraw.
- 4Complete the steps shown on the screen.
Can I stake and unstake with the app?
You can stake and unstake your assets with the Kraken Pro app. An overview of eligibility criteria (including geographic restrictions) for On-chain staking can be found here. To stake with the app:
- 1Select the Portfolio icon at the bottom of the screen and tap the Earn button.
- 2Select the asset you wish to stake.
- 3Enter the amount you wish to stake and tap Review.
- 4Swipe to confirm the staking amount.
- 5You will now have successfully staked via the app!
To unstake with the app:
- 1Select the Portfolio icon at the bottom of the screen and scroll down until you see Earn. Tap on the second Earn button below the Spot and Margin buttons.Here you will find the assets available to unstake.
- 2Select an asset to unstake and then tap the Unstake button at the bottom of your screen.
- 3Enter the amount you wish to unstake and tap Review.
- 4Swipe to confirm the unstaking amount.
- 5You will now have successfully unstaked your asset!
General Troubleshooting instructions
Clearing the app cache
If the Kraken Pro app on your phone crashes or you experience other technical issues, it's likely due to an outdated cache.
We have detailed guides on how to clear the app cache for Android and iOS which can often have this kind of issue.