Our app, simply named "Kraken", offers a vibrant design and new features not available on the Kraken Pro app. It is beginner friendly and meant for easily buying and selling crypto.
With the Kraken app, you can:
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download the app?
Why am I not seeing the app in Google Play or Apple App stores?
This is an app store restriction and not related to your current address registered with Kraken.
How do I change my app currency?
Why is the app asking for a PIN when I haven't set one up yet?
How do favorited assets work?
How can I see the app translated in my language?
- 1Navigate to the Account tab.
- 2Under App settings tap on Language.
- 3Choose your preferred language from the available options.
Can I convert between two cryptocurrencies?
What are the fees when buying or selling crypto instantly for cash on the app?
Note: While Kraken displays these fees for our clients, this is not consistent across all exchanges. Exchanges/services that do not disclose their fees typically build them into the spread, which would result in paying higher than the current market rate.
How can I receive price alerts?
How can I see my portfolio performance?
How do I set up two-factor authentication (2FA)?
Currently, only sign-in 2FA is fully compatible with this app.
If you have Funding 2FA enabled on your account, you can place orders from current balances but it won't be possible to place orders with a card.
With Trading 2FA enabled, you can place orders from current balances but you can not add or delete cards or make card payments.
With the Global Settings Lock enabled you can not add or delete cards.
To set up sign-in 2FA in the app:
- 1Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- 2Scroll down and tap on Two Factor Authentication.
To set up 2FA with an Authenticator App:
- 1Make sure you have an Authenticator App installed.
- 2Select Authenticator App after tapping on Two Factor Authentication.
- 3Your Authenticator App will open automatically - tap OK to save the key for your Kraken account.
- 4We recommend going back to the app at this point to save your secret key somewhere safe for backup, and then tap Next.
- 5Go back to the Authenticator App and copy the one-time passcode for your new account's 2FA entry.
- 6Paste or type the one-time passcode into the Kraken app.
- 7Success! You have successfully enabled sign-in 2FA for your account.
To setting up 2FA with a Security Key:
- 1Select Security Key after tapping on Two Factor Authentication.
- 2You'll be prompted to enter your Security Key and tap the button on it.
- 3Success! You have successfully enabled sign-in 2FA for your account.