This article is for clients using the Kraken interface (kraken.com)
Certain deposits, such as first time ACH purchases, debit or credit card purchases or digital wallet purchases will trigger a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account, for security purposes. For enhanced security, debit and credit card purchases using USD may experience the 72 hour lock discussed above on all purchases, not just your first purchase.
- 1Sign in to your Kraken account and click the Withdraw button. You can also navigate to the Withdraw page by clicking on Transfer on the left hand side of your home page.
- 2Ensure you are on the Withdraw tab in the new page. You can confirm that you are on the Withdraw tab by checking the tabs under the Transfer header.
- 3The first dropdown will be pre populated with your available cash. If you wish to withdraw a different currency, than the one shown, you can use the search bar to find your preferred currency.
- 5Add a new bank account.
- Click on Continue
- Fill in your bank account details (all fields are mandatory) and click on Add bank account
- Description: can be whatever you like so you can easily remember this bank account. This description must be unique, not used on any other withdrawal method in your Kraken account.
- Name on account: is the bank account holder name, which must match the verified name or entity on this Kraken account. For some funding providers, the name field will automatically populate when adding a bank account. If any changes to the name are required please submit a support request here.
- Please refer to our frequently asked questions for more information about the different requirements.
- 6Request a withdrawal
- Once you have added your bank account, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select the bank account from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and click on Review Withdrawal.
- Do not use punctuations or currency symbols (use 1000 instead of €1,000).
- Check that the details are correct and click Withdraw to confirm the withdrawal.
To help your withdrawal go smoothly:
- Ensure that you are not withdrawing to a third-party payments processor, e.g. a company that provides payment-processing services to merchants and other business entities.
- Check that your bank or financial institution meets the requirements of your selected Funding Provider.
- Only use a bank account under your control, where the name matches the verified name or entity on your Kraken account.
For mobile app withdrawal instructions follow the guides linked below: