Certain deposits, such as first time ACH purchases, credit or debit card purchases or digital wallet purchases will trigger a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account, for security purposes.
Step by step withdrawal instructions
- Sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to the Funding tab.
- Click Withdraw and use the Search bar to find your preferred currency.
- Select a Funding Provider from the drop-down menu. If you are only shown one option, you can skip this step and continue with step 4; or follow the instructions for withdrawing funds with Etana Custody or Synapse.
- Add a new bank account.
- Click on Continue.
- Fill in your bank account details (all fields are mandatory) and click on Add bank account.
- Description can be whatever you like so you can easily remember this bank account. This description must be unique, not used on any other withdrawal method in your Kraken account.
- Name on account is the bank account holder name, which must match the verified name or entity on this Kraken account.
- Please refer to our frequently asked questions for more information about the different requirements.
- Request a withdrawal.
- Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and select the bank account from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and click on Review Withdrawal.
- Do not use punctuations or currency symbols (use 1000 instead of €1,000).
- Check that the details are correct and then Confirm the withdrawal.
- To help your withdrawal go smoothly:
- Ensure that you are not withdrawing to a third-party payments processor.
- Check that your bank or financial institution meets the requirements of your selected Funding Provider.
- Only use a bank account under your control, where the name matches the verified name or entity on your Kraken account.