All first-time cash deposits will result in a temporary (72 hour) withdrawal hold on the account.
The below instructions show how to make a withdrawal via the Kraken.com site. If you are using the Kraken app follow the instructions found in this article.
1. Sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to the Funding tab.
2. Use the Search bar and type your preferred currency or tick "Show all assets". Then select the "Withdraw" option:
3. Select your preferred Funding Provider from the drop-down menu. If you are only shown one option, you can skip this step and continue with 4; or follow these instructions for withdrawing funds with Etana Custody or Synapse.
4. Add a new bank account.
- Click on “Add account”.
- Fill in your bank account details (all fields are mandatory) and click on "Save bank account".
- Description can be whatever you like so you can easily remember this bank account. This description must be unique, not used on any other withdrawal method in your Kraken account
- Name on account is the bank account holder name, which must match the verified name or entity on this Kraken account.
- Please refer to our frequently asked questions for more information about the different requirements.
5. Request a withdrawal.
- Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and select the bank account from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw and click on "Review Withdrawal".
- Do not use punctuations or currency symbols (use 1000 instead of €1,000).
- Check that the details are correct and then “Confirm” the withdrawal.
6. To help your withdrawal go smoothly:
- Ensure that you are not withdrawing to a third-party payments processor.
- Check that your bank or financial institution meets the requirements of your selected Funding Provider.
- Only use a bank account under your control, where the name matches the verified name/entity on your Kraken account.