Our WebSocket API provides a live stream of the market data (order book, ticker, trade executions, etc.) for our markets. It also gives real time status updates for various account information (open orders, trades, etc.).
For this purpose, we provide the following WebSocket API test suites, that allow interaction with the public market data feeds and the private (authenticated) order/trade status feeds via a graphical web browser (We recommend using Chrome).
(account status and trading)
- Download and unzip the test suite Zip files
- Open the WebSocket_API_Public.html and WebSocket_API_Private.html files
- Any modern graphical web browser can be used, but Chrome is recommended.
- Click the Open WebSocket Connection button
- This will create a new persistent connection to the WebSocket API, using the appropriate WebSocket URL (ws.kraken.com or ws-auth.kraken.com).
- Send a subscription or trading message to the WebSocket API
- Enter a message in the small text box and click the Send Message to WebSocket button.
- Receive the response from the WebSocket API
- Live streamed messages will be displayed in the large text area.
- Click the Close WebSocket Connection button
- This will close the connection to the WebSocket API and the live streamed messages will stop.