1. Once you are signed in, navigate to 'Earn' at the top of the page.
2. Read through the page carefully.
3. Click on 'STAKE' and then select the asset you would like to stake.
4. Input the amount of the asset that you would like to stake and select continue.
5. Your funds are now initiated for staking. You will see this entry under 'Transactions'.
6. A few minutes later your transaction will go from initiated to 'Success' which means your funds are now staked. Note: certain assets have a bonding period, which means that rewards will not begin to accrue to your account until the asset has been staked for a period of time.
7. Under 'Staking assets' you will see the amount of rewards you have earned so far and the total amount staked under 'Total rewards' and 'Staking balance'.
8. Once you have received your desired amount of rewards you can 'Unstake' (unless you have staked ETH or FLOW.H).
At this time assets must be on your Kraken account to stake. It is not currently possible to stake assets with Kraken directly from your wallet such as Trezor or Ledger. You must first deposit funds from your wallet if you wish to stake them with us.
You may receive an error message or not be able to stake for the following reasons:
- You have an incomplete account access case.
- Your browser is having issues and may need troubleshooting.
- You have funding 2fa setup but are entering your login or trade 2fa on the staking screen that asks for funding 2fa.
- You have an open order withholding your funds from being staked.
Related support articles: