In order to use the API, you need to generate a pair of unique API keys:
- Sign in to your Kraken Futures account.
- Click on your name on the upper-right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Create Key tab in the API panel.
- There are two options when generating API keys with differing levels of access:
- No Access: This key does not allow any access to any endpoints. (This option could be selected if you only wanted a key with access to withdraw digital assets).
- Read Only: This is a read-only key and allows accessing only endpoints that do not write to the server.
- Full Access: This is a master key and allows accessing all endpoints, excluding digital asset withdrawals.
- No Access: This key does not allow access to digital asset withdrawals.
- Full Access: This key allows access to digital asset withdrawals.
- Press the Create Key button.
- View your Public and Private keys and record them somewhere safe.
Your api_key (Public key):
Your api_secret (Private key):
The private key is shown only once! You cannot go back and view it again later.
API keys should be kept in a safe location and should never be shared with anyone.
If you are not absolutely certain that you can store your API private key in a safe place, do not generate it.
Up to 50 keys can be created with distinct nonces.