This article details how to generate an API key pair for trading futures contracts.
There are separate APIs for futures and spot trading. To learn about generating an API key pair for spot & margin trading, see How to generate an API key pair.
In order to use the API, you need to generate a pair of unique API keys:
- Sign in to your Kraken Futures account.
- Click on your name on the upper-right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Create Key tab in the API panel.
- There are two options when generating API keys with differing levels of access:
- No Access: This key does not allow any access to any endpoints. (This option could be selected if you only wanted a key with access to withdraw digital assets).
- Read Only: This is a read-only key and allows accessing only endpoints that do not write to the server.
- Full Access: This is a master key and allows accessing all endpoints, excluding digital asset withdrawals.
- No Access: This key does not allow access to digital asset withdrawals.
- Full Access: This key allows access to digital asset withdrawals.
- Press the Create Key button.
- View your Public and Private keys and record them somewhere safe.
Your api_key (Public key):
Your api_secret (Private key):
The private key is shown only once! You cannot go back and view it again later.
API keys should be kept in a safe location and should never be shared with anyone.
If you are not absolutely certain that you can store your API private key in a safe place, do not generate it.
Up to 50 keys can be created with distinct nonces.