In order to use the API, you need to generate a pair of unique API keys:
2. Click on your profile (email address) on the upper-right corner.
3. Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the "Create Key" tab in the API panel.
5. There are two options when generating API keys with differing levels of access:
- No Access: This key does not allow any access to any endpoints. (This option could be selected if you only wanted a key with access to withdraw digital assets.)
- Read Only: This is a read-only key and allows accessing only endpoints that do not write to the server.
- Full Access: This is a master key and allows accessing all endpoints, excluding digital asset withdrawals.
- No Access: This key is does not allow access to digital asset withdrawals.
- Full Access: This key allows access to digital asset withdrawals.
6. Press the "Create Key" button.
7. View your Public and Private keys and record them somewhere safe.
Your api_key (Public key):
Your api_secret (Private key):
The private key is shown only once! You cannot go back and view it again later.
API keys should be kept in a safe location and should never be shared with anyone.
If you are not absolutely certain that you can store your API private key in a safe place, do not generate it.
Up to 50 keys can be created with distinct nonces.