Transferring to and from Futures Wallets
To trade on the platform you'll need to transfer funds from your Kraken Spot Wallet to the Futures Holding Wallet and then to one of the Futures Trading Wallets.
Each Futures account supports two distinct wallet classes:
- Futures Holding Wallet: Used for transfers to/from your spot wallet as well as transfers to/from your Futures Trading Wallets. This wallet acts as a way to segregate funds from your trading wallets.
- Futures Trading Wallet: Used for trading and margining for positions. All funds in this wallet are at risk when trading. There is a choice of both Single-Collateral and Multi-Collateral trading wallets.
Click on an action below to view step-by-step instructions:
- Navigate to the Funding tab.
- Click the Transfer button for the cryptocurrency you wish to transfer to Kraken Futures.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer. Make sure it meets our minimums.
- Click the Transfer button and then the Submit button. Note: if you have 2FA for deposits and withdrawals enabled, you will have to enter your 2FA code to transfer funds to your Futures Wallet.
- You’ll receive a notification at the bottom of the page to confirm that the transfer was successful. You can see a list of your past transfers on the Wallets tab under 'Cross Exchange Transfers'.
- Launch Futures from the Trade tab to see your funds in Kraken Futures.
- The funds will have landed in your Holding wallet:
- In order to open a position you’ll need to move funds to your Futures Trading wallet.
- Navigate to Wallets on the Futures interface and select Withdraw for the cryptocurrency you wish to transfer.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- Review the transfer and click Withdraw to Kraken.
- You will get a confirmation that the transfer was requested. Click View status on Kraken to see the transfer in your Spot Wallet.
- The funds will have landed in your Spot Wallet:
- Click on Transfer next to the asset you wish to send to a trading wallet.
- Choose which wallet to fund; Single-Collateral or Multi-Collateral.
Please note that the Multi-Collateral Trading wallet will be selected as the destination wallet by default. Clicking on the “To” drop-down will let you change the destination to Single-Collateral Trading wallet or toggle between them.
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer in the “Amount” field or click “Max” to automatically choose the entire holding wallet balance for the chosen asset.
- Click “Submit Transfer” to confirm. Your collateral will then be available for trading for either Single-Collateral or Multi-Collateral Futures contracts.
- The balances will update in the logs section of your account:
Transfers to and from your Futures Holding wallet are free and seamless but require minimum amounts and may take a few minutes to complete.
Note: these minimums only apply for transfers between spot and futures. They do not apply to transfers between futures trading wallets.
Minimum Transfer Amounts
Spot to Futures
Futures to Spot
|Bitcoin||0.00001 BTC||0.00000001 BTC|
|Bitcoin Cash||0.0001 BCH||0.0001 BCH|
|Ethereum||0.0001 ETH||0.0001 ETH|
|Litecoin||0.0001 LTC||0.0001 LTC|
|Ripple||0.01 XRP||0.004 XRP|
|US Dollar||1 USD||1 USD|
|Euro||1 EUR||1 EUR|
|British Pound||1 GBP||1 GBP|
|USD Tether||1 USDT||1 USDT|
|USD Coin||1 USDC||1 USDC|