Here are some tips for taking photos or scans that will meet our image requirements.
Note: photos are preferred over scans.
If using a camera to take a photo:
- 1Place the ID on a dark surface.
- 2Use sufficient, natural lighting instead of a flash. It's best if the photo is taken during the daytime.
- 3Take the photo as directly above the ID as possible. Be sure that your shadow does not cover your ID.
- 4Make sure that:
- All four edges of your ID are visible within the image.
- All information on the ID is clear & legible - no details are blurred or covered.
If using a scanner to create a scan:
- 1Place the ID in the middle of the scanner so that all four edges of the ID are clearly visible.
- Do NOT place the ID against one of the corners or sides of the scanner.
- 2Place a dark sheet of paper (or a dark covered book or cloth) on top of the ID.
- 3Scan the ID.
- 4Crop the scan to fit the ID, leaving around a half inch of space around the edges of the ID.
You will also need to make sure that your photo/scan meets our technical parameters.