To generate a cryptocurrency deposit address on Kraken, follow the instructions below.
- Sign in to your Kraken account.
- Navigate to Funding.
- Click the Deposit button.
- Search the currency you wish to deposit and click on it.
- Click the button that says Generate deposit address.
- Wait a few seconds and a new deposit address will be available.
The generated cryptocurrency address can be selected and used to deposit to your Kraken account.
You can also view a QR code to easily scan the deposit address into a mobile wallet.
There are no limits to how many times you can use a deposit address, but generating more than five* deposit addresses for the same cryptocurrency will result in older deposit addresses expiring. Also keep in mind if you try to generate more than five deposit addresses, when all five are still marked as New Address, then it will result in the Too Many Addresses error.
*Note: Only one address for ERC-20 cryptocurrencies can be generated.