Cryptocurrency, also known as digital assets, trading is the buying, selling or holding of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin (XBT), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC) amongst others, with the aim of generating a profit from short, medium or long term fluctuations in their prices.
Trading on the Kraken platform can be performed by exchanging fiat currency such as USD, EUR, and CAD for cryptocurrency, or one cryptocurrency for another for example Bitcoin (XBT) for Ethereum (ETH).
If you are new to the world of cryptocurrency trading, Kraken has put together a number of resources that may help you get started, these include:
- A Trading glossary that has definitions of terms that you will come across while trading.
- The different types of cryptocurrencies you can trade on the Kraken exchange. You can find the full list of assets available on the Kraken platform here.
- How to trade using leverage and margin.
- How trading fees are calculated
If you are already an experienced trader, the following resources maybe useful;
- How to set up the different order types and order options available to you on the Kraken platform.
- How to connect your Kraken Account to the trade.kraken.com interface/cryptowat.ch
- Learn about the Kraken API